Sunday, June 8, 2008

Me oh my

I love pie. Yep, we woke up early just have pie for breakfast.

And, since pie takes a lot of work to make and to bake, we were treated to a snack of some local varieties of goat cheese - think roasted garlic, fire-roasted green chile, basil and sun-dried tomato...yum - and given some quality back porch sitting time(read knitting time)

I also discovered what I can only describe as the most perfect mantra ever...

Also forgot to mention one of the coolest things about Pietown - other than the obvious - it is a common stop on the Continental Divide Trail (CDT). As such a lot of interesting people pass through. We met a German couple who was continuing on to Alaska from Mexico on horseback and a professor of World Ethics at Boston University. They were staying at the Toaster House - so named for actual toasters marking the entrance. It's owned by one of the Pie lady's and used as respite from the trail in a rather barren part of the country.
We took a rather speedier trip back (David wouldn't not care for the reason I was late to get him at the airport of Pie Overdose) and got a great view of the New Mexico Sawtooths.
All in all a great weekend. I hope to be able to take David back to basecamp, and Pietown, very soon.

No comments:

A scientist, a student, and a toddler try to make their way through the tumult of everyday life. What will happen to them next? Stay tuned...