David and I had another free morning and decided to explore the campus access to the lagoon and ocean. 

Since there was more to see on the ocean side, we spent more time there. For instance, the morning meeting of a large group of pelicans and what looked like either a surf club or lesson just getting started.


The next few pictures are taken from a bluff that lets you look down on the beach and see the other inlet or outlet of the lagoon or back towards campus.


He's quite a bit off shore but we saw a lone sea lion either sunning itself or waiting for high tide 

The beach continues down toward the pier, but is less accessible due to the cliffs and dunes. We would have kept walking, but didn't want to disturb the local surf rescue morning workout.


I'm off to meet David for another cafeteria lunch, and then I'm off to explore the beach and the pier. Stay tuned....
No comments:
Post a Comment