Thursday, September 29, 2011

Anne's Wedding - The Morning After

Our excuse for missing the after party was David's early flight the next day, but I think we would have been in way over our heads if we'd gone.

As it was, morning for Mom and Connor came about the same time as Dad's cab for the airport - and that would be zero dark early. I spent a futile hour trying to get him back to bed and then trying to devise games for us that involved not much more than the hotel room.

Thankfully, my brother and his wife are also early risers and I was able to pawn Connor off on them while I took a shower and tried to wakeup.

Then we headed off to brunch with everyone else who managed to drag themselves out of bed - very reminiscent of our wedding, with the bride and groom putting in a brief appearance at the end.

Connor had a blast being surrounded by family and took a special liking to my new brother-in-law's father.

The rest of the day was spent at the beach. As I no longer have the body of a twenty-something and Connor was having fun without me, I excused myself to take some RR.


My oldest and dearest friend was also in town and this afternoon gave us the perfect chance to catchup. We've known each other since we learned how to walk and am so thankful I still have her in my life.

A great afternoon, followed by all of us collapsing into bed.

No comments:

A scientist, a student, and a toddler try to make their way through the tumult of everyday life. What will happen to them next? Stay tuned...