It's hard work to look good - champagne also helps quite a bit. From the spa we headed quickly back to the condo to get dressed and then to the church to help Anne into her dress. I had forgotten the work involved in something like this. Someone really should have thought to turn the air down about 10 degrees. Don't get me wrong, my sister looked beautiful. It just took three of us to get the dress on and zipped then, after a break and much dabbing of underarms and foreheads, we tackled this:
I'm not sure if it was because I'm the only one who knew how to use crochet hook, or if I have more patience as a new mom, or I was the only one willing to deal with an anxious bride (a Schloss no less). We got it done in plenty of time to cool off and reapply as necessary. And I think we all looked pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

Everything went super smoothly, and then it was time to really celebrate!

Connor and Dad both wore their kilts to the wedding and looked as dashing as ever (more pictures to follow!).

As no kids were invited to the reception, my parents found a sitter whom Connor took to immediately. He made a brief appearance at the cocktail reception so everyone could see him and then happily headed back to the hotel to play with his new best friend.

This also let Mom and Dad have a little more fun without worrying about the munchkin. Much ridiculous dancing and showmanship continued through the night. And all too soon we were cleaning up and heading to bed.
1 comment:
that last picture of you guys is AMAZING. love to all of you.
Post a Comment