Monday, November 9, 2009

Storm clouds on the horizon....

The other major job of this weekend was to finish the setup of the nursery. I painted the ceiling and primed the walls last weekend, and first thing on Saturday I was up finishing the job. We also replaced the old fan, shown below right mid install. Notice Boca who was so curious as to what I was doing, he was oblivious to the constant rain of screws, dropped parts, and tools all around him.

We then assembled the crib, put down the carpet, and rearranged all the furniture. It was a long and busy weekend, but we are happy with the results. Ali felt bad that I slaved away all weekend, so she took me out to try a New Mexican restaurant, Mary & Tito's, for a late lunch on Saturday. The best red chili yet - velvety and spicy!

And the stormclouds are gathering over poor Boca's charmed existence. He has no idea what is heading his way - he is soon going to lose his "best child" status in the house. But he was quite happy to test out all the equipment we brought home, including the changing table (below left) and the crib (below right) oblivious to the reasons for these great new places to nap. Poor, poor Boca.

And just so that I am not accused of innaccurate reporting, Ali did do some things this weekend ( shown below vacuuming). This was between her time lounging on the bed eating bon bons and barking out orders to me (editor's note: unless I have been hoarse, my voice has never been considered anywhere near a bark. as for the lounging and eating bon bons, I can only say - "really, that's the best you can come up with?").

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, boca. life is so hard. i guess it is okay that you guys have turned my room into the nursery. (boca and i will pout together the next time i'm in town -- just kidding.)

it looks great! and ali, your belly is awesome!

jt said...

love the baby room! Can't wait till there's a baby in it!

A scientist, a student, and a toddler try to make their way through the tumult of everyday life. What will happen to them next? Stay tuned...