So today I had a very long day on my trip to Phoenix to pick up the Ikea kitchen cabinets. Ikea you say? Well, the main attraction of Ikea is the very modern clean lines of the styling. The quality is ranked 3rd behind premium custom builders, and way above Kraftmaid and other lines that we can get here in ABQ (no link unfortunately as Consumer Reports is very protective of their IP but check the magazine). And as an additional perk, a lot less expensive - 1/3 the price of the 2nd ranked cabinets in Consumer Reports. Actually, HD quoted us at 2.5x the price for similar modern looking cabinets with equivalent hardware (yikes!).


The problem with Ikea? They don't deliver. So I left the home at 7 am, took the short flight over to Phoenix, then a cab ride to the UHaul, then the drive to Ikea. I then spent 2 hours going over our plans for the cabinets with the specialist, then another 2 hours of shopping for Ali and I and several friends back in ABQ while the order was readied. I then loaded up the 14' truck full of kitchen goodness, then embarked on the 450 mile drive home. It was a long day, as I pulled into the driveway around 1 am. It was a pretty drive though, driving through Sedona right at sunset (pictured below).
No comments:
Post a Comment