Sunday, October 25, 2009

Burning of El Kookooee

Tonight we took my parents (in town to do a little post retirement condo shopping) to one of our favorite ABQ traditions - the burning of Kookooee. I talked at length last year about why we enjoy this so much (read it here) so I won't repeat myself too much. But it is a very strange and fun tradition and one of the reasons we love ABQ so much.

Upon arrival, we all wrote our fears on a peice of paper, which were all collected and stuffed in the belly of the beast before it's ignition ($5 to the first person that can guess what I wrote on my paper - here is a clue: they will arrive here around Christmas). As usual the whole experience was a great combination of people watching, giant flaming monsters, and strange ABQ goodness.

No comments:

A scientist, a student, and a toddler try to make their way through the tumult of everyday life. What will happen to them next? Stay tuned...