Last summer I became very enamored with the Bloody Mary. After my long bike rides while training last summer, it was what I craved upon returning. I think it was the spicy, salty goodness of the tomato based drink. I had had a few tasty ones over brunch a few times last summer, so I spent time coming up with and perfecting my own recipe. I have finalized a version which highlights what I like about the drink - my version is definitely spicy containing fresh ginger and Srircacha chile garlic paste. I feel like I am a little bit ahead of the curve, as I just found
this article from the NYT highlighting this "salad-in-a-glass" cocktail.
My secret recipe - don't ask, I won't tell!Last weekend was the first training ride for this season's MS ride, so I made another batch of spicy goodness. I have one virgin, then the next one with some vodka I infused with jalapenos, black pepper, onion, and celery. Very tasty! Combining this with our new found appreciation for fresh homemade
pickles, this looks to be a very good training season!
1 comment:
i love the idea of bloody marys being part of your training. so delicious. perhaps we can make these next month? i won't take notes...
Post a Comment