The photos below document the experiments. I found some starting recipes online and went from there. After perfecting the recipe after many iterations, amplifying and extracting the sweet bacony goodness, we settled on a good combination. Using some really good locally made bacon, I made our first full batch (175 mL). Below documents the process. From left to right is the "fat washing" process, followed by decanting. The bottom shows the end product, a the bacon-infused bourbon Manhattan. Mmmm, bacon.



Since that proved fun, I have been experimenting with infusing other flavors. The first experiment was chili pepper infused vodka. Note to self, do not put the mystery dried peppers that your mom brought over into the vodka (either cayenne or Thai nam prik - both way off the chart in Scovelline units). This turned out to be soo hot, that it's only possible use is in Bloody Mary's, and they make the worlds, spiciest!
1 comment:
ohhhh, how i love bacon.
Post a Comment