

The worst part of the ride is the ride to the Sandia Ski Area. At mile 30(smack dab in the middle no less) we headed up the peak from an elevation of 6800' and after 8 grueling nonstop miles, finished at 8670'. One hellatious hour to the top, 1o hair raising minutes to go down. I tried to keep my speed below 40 mph on the descent, and stopped several times to keep my brakes from melting.


I did learn some important things this ride though:
1. I found out the polite name for a rider of my stature: "Clydesdale" or any male rider who weighs more than 200 pounds.
2. 53 miles and 12 fig newtons = 4.4 miles/newton. Pretty good fuel economy.
3. I spent a lot of time thinking about physics - force vectors, mass, incline planes, terminal velocity. As I remember from basic physics, Force = Mass x Acceleration. Suck it non-Clydesdale riders.
If your interested in donating to support both me in my ride and MS research just click here.
1 comment:
Why did you stop at the ski area? There is still 1900 ft of mountain to go!
Post a Comment