Friday, August 7, 2009

Training Part Deux

Today I went out for my longest training ride for the MS150. I headed out early on Saturday morning for a 65 mile ride. I was just cruising around Albuquerque, almost the same ride I did last week only in the other direction. First stop was to pick up the Bosque Trail on the south of the city, but on the way there was some signs of the change of seasons. Floating gracefully along the river were some hot air balloons. This is the first sign of autumn - next stop roasting chiles.

After getting to the northern edge of the river trail, I than headed east toward the foothills and the tram. I had a long 9 mile climb ahead of me from the river. I kept a pretty good pace and I was feeling pretty good, until I was passed by large phalanx of about 6 bikes that blasted past me like I was standing still. On the left was picture of the road to the tram, the right a picture about 2 seconds before my heart exploded.

Once getting up to the tram, I headed south along Tramway and did a few laps around Four Hills to get some more mileage and some extra hill training. I then headed toward home, luckily down hill. I rolled into the driveway, 65 miles later and 5 hours later, and was greeted by blueberry pancakes. That's love people.

No comments:

A scientist, a student, and a toddler try to make their way through the tumult of everyday life. What will happen to them next? Stay tuned...