I love the sculpture work the most. How you can get metal to be so expressive is beyond me. Take, for instance, the Korean War statues and the salutes to brotherhood and to nurses during Vietnam.



I think they are the most emotional part and tend to get glossed over.
I also felt it my duty to defend the honor of Southwest airlines, recently getting dinged for flying subpar aircraft. I'd like to remind folks that not long ago our aircraft looked like this:
I think we should be happy we get to fly at all.I was also planning on plugging the Smithsonian Institutes in general. Even my brain was able to pick up some new knowledge. For instance, did you realize that domestic cats behave alot like their relatives in the wild?
I swear I saw Tiki pull this maneuver on Boca last week.I also discovered that the Wright brothers borrowed their knowledge of bicycle mechanics when designing the first plane. They actually were bicycle mechanics!

The final piece of wisdom imparted to me was that there are over 75 indigenous tongues in the Americas with written language. That's according to the Catholic Church which has bibles translated in all of those languages. Way to go civilized society!


My last comment probably means I've had it for tonight. I'll fill you in on the rest of my DC adventure tomorrow. Goodnight!
1 comment:
yay for dc pictures -- you covered some serious ground! i'm glad you're back. i bet tiki and boca (oh, and david) are too.
Post a Comment