Needless to say, the whole restaurant should have a block box warning to anyone with any heart condition. It only proves that, yes, everything is better with butter.....and bacon. Case in point our small child. This small child cringes at the sight of most vegetables. I say most because I wouldn't have believed what I am about to tell you if I had not witnessed it firsthand. This guy ate more green beans than I could, and I love green beans.


plates 1 and 2 of green beans. Missing from photo: plates 3 and 4
So we just had to know what made this dish so magical to him. The answer: butter, peanut oil and ham. We should also have mentioned that there is not a single vegetarian entree available - even the asparagus sandwich I had contained a pork product. Heavenly, but we will survive if it is another 10 years before we return.
To keep boy busy and to help Mom work off the results of the above feasting, we spent some time at nearby Forsyth Park - giant open spaces, a rose garden, some fountains and a playground geared just to our munchkin.

Obviously he made himself right at home, and made some new friends too.
One of the things we love about Savannah is that no matter which way you turn, you run in to history. A passing couple was nice enough to snap this shot of us on our way home from dinner one evening. Note the lion in the picture: Connor started off calling it a kitty and meowing, then calling it a doggie and meowing and, finally, doing his best ROAR as we passed. This kid is hilarious!

The conference also brought friends from grad school to Savannah. It was great to reconnect, and gave David the opportunity to go out with friends - something that hasn't happened for him at other conferences.
No comments:
Post a Comment