Friday, December 11, 2009

Not a creature was stirring (and other misc items)...

So the big wait is on. Ali with an internal Chunk made it through her last week of classes successfully. Here is to hoping that Chunk is enjoying Club Mom and will be in no hurry to help her with finals next week. We are hoping for after December 17th!


Ali busily studying for finals with her designated seat warmers. Off in the distance, Mount Chunk.

On to other random items: I wonder how it is that even after I have taken a solid year of circuit design classes, a lot of electromagnetic theory, leading to an advanced scientific degree, I am still unable to determine how to get the Christmas lights on the tree to all light up. I have spent untold hours on this damn thing and still half the branch is dark.


Left: David ready to get all Maxwell Equations on the tree, and Ali placating the Tiki monster.

We went to the Nob Hill Shop and Stroll last week on probably the coldest night in ABQ in a while. It was around 20 deg with a stiff wind. We broke out our fur hats that my father brought back from Mongolia. Very warm, but of indeterminate origin (possum? fox? wolverine?). We had a fun time despite the cold, and met up with some good friends to make merry. (Alas, no celebrity sighting like last time). Lastly, a big shout out to the belly bulge!


Left: Sporting hats the envy of Mongolia and Right: all hail the baby bulge!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome hats, beautiful belly. wish i was in albuquerque.

Guru Muru said...

"I wonder how it is that even after I have taken a solid year of circuit design classes, a lot of electromagnetic theory, leading to an advanced scientific degree, I am still unable to determine how to get the Christmas lights on the tree to all light up."

More evidence that the education system, particular university, is fraudulent.

A scientist, a student, and a toddler try to make their way through the tumult of everyday life. What will happen to them next? Stay tuned...