Monday, September 7, 2009

Ali's Labor Day Adventure - Part II

Sunday was a beautiful day to be in Erie. The sun was shining, it was warm and the sun was shining (I know I said that twice, but it was solely for emphasis).

I still had no idea where the mysterious shower was so when my Dad drove me down by the water and I was confronted by this sign, I was momentarily speechless (not something that happens to a Schloss very often). If you can't make it out, it says "Shower for Baby Schloss & Scrymgeour" which I'm told was to direct people to the right place if they didn't recognize the Scrymgeour part.

The Convention Center is one of the newer buildings on the waterfront of Lake Erie and from it's windows, on days like today, you can see out onto the water and the boats passing by.

The shower was hosted by my mother (2nd from left), sister(right) and sister-in-law(left). It was attending by my aunts and cousins, as well as some family friends. The biggest surprise was to see David's cousin Viki and her daughter Sydney coming all the way from Akron.


On top of a wonderful spread and the generous gifts, the hosts tried to baffle us by having everyone guess the contents of label-less baby food jars(right) and the candy bar "poop" in diapers(left). At least I didn't have to eat anything!

The shower favors were tiny sailboats meant to be used for photo holders. Everyone got to take home their favorite picture of baby Ali(left) or baby David(right), among many options. Looking at baby David, who looks to be twice the size of baby Ali, is it really any wonder why we're calling baby Scrymgeour "chunk"?


Here's the view as we're leaving the convention center. The boat is actually full of my aunt, uncle and cousins on their way out to enjoy the rest of the beautiful day. I'm only mad I wasn't invited!


And so no one gets the wrong idea about my hometown, the next day I woke up to pouring rain and temps about 20 degrees cooler. 'Nough said.

No comments:

A scientist, a student, and a toddler try to make their way through the tumult of everyday life. What will happen to them next? Stay tuned...