Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fresh lobster in New Mexico?

Who would have thought that our first experience of eating a whole lobster would have been in a landlocked state. These 2.5lb beasts were still kickin' when we arrived.

We had gathered to celebrate a friend's, who hails from New England, birthday. I am sitting next to the master of all things lobster and she basically had to hold my hand through the process. From my experience with Maryland blue crab, I can tell you that lobster is the way to go: much more rewarding for you efforts!

So, yes, birthday hats and party favors were present.
The birthday boy wanted to celebrate with his favorite libation, Jagermeister.

As you can see, a fair amount of celebrating was done, considering the bottle was full when we started. I had lost rock, paper, scissors for the night so I can soberly attest to the state of David's teeth - and they were Fu-uh-zeee.

No comments:

A scientist, a student, and a toddler try to make their way through the tumult of everyday life. What will happen to them next? Stay tuned...