Saturday, November 24, 2007

Wedding Reception

So what you didn't see is that all our boys in kilts had flasks tucked away filled with whiskey. Turns out that that was just the beginning of the nights excitement.

The reception was held at the hall adjacent to the gardens. The meal was served "alternate drop", an Australian term for serving every other person the same thing. The dancing began and the fun started. The dancing was ended with a rousing "strip the willow" a Scottish folk dance.

The reception ended by ushering the newlyweds through and arch. The rest of us were happily bused home and left to recover on our own.




2 comments:

skiwi said...

YES!! Following up a beach BBQ with kilt-themed,whiskey-fueled Scottish jitterbugging is pure genius! Globe trotters sure know how to party.

Gloria and I are starting an experiment now, but in my heart, I'm partying too (wipes away tear).

Unknown said...

I see a picture where you guys are both pointing to David's teeth. I know what that means... (Also, you look handsome/beautiful! What fun.)

A scientist, a student, and a toddler try to make their way through the tumult of everyday life. What will happen to them next? Stay tuned...